What is uni-assist.de?
When you read about the application process on your chosen university’s website in Baden-Württemberg, you may come across the term “uni-assist”. What is it and what role does it play in the application process?
Uni-assist is a service provider that supports international students and university in the application process by:
- evaluating the secondary education certificates and diplomas to see if they fulfill the criteria
- translating grades from abroad into the German grading system
- informing students about the documents required by their chosen university
- registering all documents required for your application
- facilitating multiple applications
- informing the student about the results of their applications.
Additionally, uni-assist.de provides useful information about translation and the official certification of copies so that you can submit the right documents.
There are several universities in Baden-Württemberg that work with uni-assist, as you can see in the searchable database on their website. Make sure you always double check with your chosen university. Admission procedures can change and you want to be up to date.
Just to be clear: uni-assist.de does exactly what its name says – it assists in the application process. Uni-assist.de is not an admission agency and does not make any decisions regarding your studies. It just helps in the process of evaluating and submitting your documents.
Because of their expertise, several universities require students to submit their applications through uni-assist.de, so the universities know the transcripts, certificates and diplomas have been evaluated according to certain standards.
Some universities want you to have your documents evaluated by uni-assist.de but still require you to submit your application yourself – by mail or online. Because the instructions vary from university to university, read the websites carefully and follow the prescribed steps.